Our St Ives centre provides children aged 6 weeks to 6 years a home away from home, where their individual personalities and learning styles will be cherished and celebrated.
Both the indoor and outdoor spaces have been carefully designed to facilitate our unique approach to early childhood learning and immerse children in our paddock to plate philosophy.
Open from 6:30am to 6:30pm, the centre is centrally located just off Mona Vale Road, opposite Brigidine College. Ample parking, accessed via Woodbury Road, will make drop-off and pick-up easy for families.
We believe the natural environment should be cherished and utilised wherever possible to reduce our environmental impact for generations to come. That is why environmental sustainability is at the forefront of our St Ives centre’s design.
We have endeavoured to include many environmentally friendly features including solar power installation, water saving devices, recycled construction materials and the consideration of breezeways and natural light to encourage natural air flow and ventilation throughout the centre.
Spread across two levels, the centre features defined Nursery and Preschool levels, connected by a central lift. The six early learning rooms are bright and airy, thanks to large glass walls that allow children to have direct access to the outdoor learning environments, including the Children’s Kitchen Garden and Orchard.
Featuring a fruit orchard, planter boxes overflowing with fresh produce, herb gardens, swinging hammocks and sensory plantation complete with our signature tractor, the Children's Kitchen Garden and Orchard surrounds the centre and anchors it in the natural world.
Children will be encouraged to move seamlessly between the indoor and outdoor environments as they learn to challenge themselves, take calculated risks and explore the environment that surrounds them.
At OrchardELC, we believe in providing children with a holistic and nature based learning experience where they are appreciated, celebrated and nurtured into forward-thinking and imaginative adults.
We know how busy family life can be, so we offer an all inclusive experience to help make life just that little bit easier.
Your family can expect:
- Extended opening hours from 6:30am to 6:30pm;
- 1:3 Child to Educator ratio in our Babies room;
- 5 delicious meals a day cooked by our Centre Chef using a range of seasonal ingredients from our own Kitchen Garden and Orchard (See a sample of our weekly menus here);
- Nappies, wipes, bed linen, bibs, pawpaw ointment and Sudocrem;
- Children's yoga and mindfulness classes;
- A dedicated Parent’s Lounge where families can grab a coffee or tea, pause, read or check emails;
- Access to a parent app so you can check your child’s daily activity, book casual days and stay up to date with centre information;
- Access to family workshop evenings hosted by a range of experts in their field;
- On-site short-term parking for drop-off and pick-up.
commitment to family and community
We understand the huge investment families make to provide their child with an incredible early learning experience.
Fees need to be clear and transparent, so there are no surprises.
|Babies||$165 per day|
|Nursery||$155 per day|
|Toddler||$145 per day|
|Preschool||$135 per day|