ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HOW WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
What is personal information?
Personal information is just that – personal. It’s all the little details about yourself that tell us who you are – like where you’re from, and what you have with Orchard Early Learning Centre.
We only collect what’s reasonably necessary to assist you and run our centre. Mainly we collect names, contact details, purchase records, payment details, info about use of our services, correspondence, and other info you might choose to share with us.
Why do you need my details?
We collect your personal info to better provide you with the best possible service and information.
How do you collect my information?
There are various instances where we collect your details, such as:
- When you enrol your child with us
- When you subscribe to our e-newsletters and respond to links in those communications
- When you participate in a promotion, event, or any other activity we’ve got going on
- When you apply for a job with us. If you do this, we might also collect other relevant information from third party sources, like referees
- When you get in touch with any inquiries, comments or complaints
- When you browse our website. We do this by using cookies to track your activity on the site – unless you turn this off on your browser
How do you use my information?
There’s a few ways we use your personal info. It helps us to:
- Supply our services
- Provide information and training
- Manage our commercial relationships
- Promote our brand and services and determining customer preferences for receiving information
- Improve our service, as well as how we communicate with the public
- Manage our business and centres as best as possible
- Obey the law
We’ll only use your personal info for direct marketing purposes when we’re permitted to under the Privacy Act 1988 – the same way we’ll only send you emails for commercial reasons when it’s in accordance with the Spam Act 2003. If you’re not interested, you can opt out at any time by unsubscribing from emails or contacting us.
Keeping it secure
We know how important it is to keep your details secure. And that’s why we have a whole range of processes in place to protect that information, including:
- Using secure servers and other appropriate measures to protect electronic data
- Making sure only the necessary Orchard Early Learning Centre employees have access to your info – using internal access policies, physical access restrictions, network structures, passwords, access tracking and more
- Ensuring any credit card payments to the Orchard Early Learning Centre Store are made through a secure gateway service.
- And when your details aren’t needed anymore, we’ll always make sure they’re destroyed, deleted or de-identified.
Who do you share my info with?
We may need to share your details with some of our providers – like companies that provide us with IT services.
Some of these companies may be based overseas. But don’t worry, because we’ll only ever disclose what is necessary for them to do their job – and all of these parties are contractually obliged to keep your details safe.
We’ll only share your personal details, or any images provided by you, publicly if that’s what you intended or agreed to. This could be:
- User contributions to the Orchard Early Learning Centre website, like reviews (although you’ll also have the option to use a display name)
- If you’ve given us permission to share your info with an integrated third-party service, like a social media platform.
Where can I get in touch about my info?
You have rights to access info we hold about you – and to ask us to correct these details if they’re wrong. All you need to do is get in touch with us.
You can also get in touch with us if you have any complaints about how we’ve handled your information. We’ll investigate for you – and respond in writing as quickly as possible. If you’re still not satisfied with our response, it’s your right under the Privacy Act to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Here’s how you can reach us: